Thursday, March 30, 2006

i wish so bad i liked coconut milk...

because if i did, believe me you, i would be sitting under a palm tree like this every day, with a straw, sipping away in the sun. instead, my blood runs cold at the thought. i blame it on medics in fiji, using it for blood transfusions during ww2. ruined it for me forever. although apparently it saved some lives so i guess it's a fair trade.

hmm. i am off topic. the topic du jour is visitors!!! we have had many in the past 2 weeks! my lovely parents were here over spring break, and then the same day they left, the superb swaagmans arrived! we had a fabulous time. now, once again, it is just us and mr. forks.

sometimes, when everyone is gone suddenly, it makes me realize how glad i am i picked matt. so glad he doesn't have to pack up too.

12 comments:

mark and monsita! said...

What a lovely picture of handsome husband!! Makes me want to go back to that day..kayaking..swmming.. It was a lovely day.....it was such a fun week, but it went way too fast for me.

hawk christian said...

One should never lie under a coconut tree lest one hits him in the head! See the poor gentleman dazed in the picture...

The Goodfellas said...

i know... do you think it was wrong of me to just gawk and take his picture? ;-)

h said...

Quite the opposite!

The Goodfellas said...

oye cuando van a volver??? :-)

kelly said...

that's so cute! but i really did think you liked coconut milk.... i got that wrong on your quiz. :( is it because of that weird chicken??

The Goodfellas said...

yes! partially! but also mostly cause of the fiji-thing. somehow that just really gives me the willies!!!! YOU should make a quiz!! :-)

Abby said...

Thank you so much for letting us visit! We had a very nice time. We were sad to come back to cold Wisconsin and back to work! :(

Heidi said...

Matt! Jenny I have a new blog:
www.rockstarsupergoddessnextdoor.
blogspot.com

The Goodfellas said...

abby! we were so sad you had to leave so suddenly! how is your grandma??? is she okay?

heidi - i am off to peruse it! :-)

heidi_go_lightly said...

funny story, I forgot my username and password, so I'm of to make yet another new blog..stay posted : )

The Goodfellas said...

ha! sometimes i wonder how identity thieves figure out passwords people can't even figure out their own! it's like "if i was me, what would i have picked?" and still i don't know! i have like 4 that i go between, with mild variations like punctuation and numbers and stuff, and i can't EVER keep it straight - sometimes when i finally do get it right i'm like "why on earth would i have typed that???" and the worst is when you can't remember the answer to the question that's supposed to unlock your password!!!!!