Tuesday, March 21, 2006

a younger body with an older soul

Well gloriosity! I, my friends, have entered the quarter-century club. That's me to the right with my princely birthday-crown. Notice, if you will, the crows feet, the tell-tale signs of a lifetime of smiles, and the knowing wisdom of those penetrating eyes.

On Friday, the wife and I zipped up to Orlando to see Andy and Adam (meaning of Runner Bean fame, not The Flat), who were on vacation at some place that is apparently the happiest on Earth. Or so I'm told. We hung out Friday night, and then the wife and I checked into The Sheraton Safari hotel, which was approximately the coolest hotel on Earth. There was a big tank full of baby alligators in the lobby, and a 70-some foot long python waterslide, which we each slithered down about 30 times each on Saturday. If you do the math, you will calculate that we each climbed about 30 flights of rather tall stairs. We were exhausted. Later that night, we got chiminichangas and Cold Stone. What more could a boy ask for?
All in all, a very nice way to comemorate (sp?) my quarter-century mark.

sincerely, annually, and princely yours,
Matt.

11 comments:

Aaron said...

Happy birthday Matt, it sounds like it rocked...so what are you cats doing next week? ...

mr. goodman said...

'afternoon.
Let's see... what have we got lined up here? I believe we're having some 'sconnies down to vacate! 'Sconnies meaning you people! :) I may have a vintage Rickenbacker by then... but I may not! Who can say?! This is the great mystery of life, friend.
Suffice to say, we look forward to seeing you guys, and you can borrow our Co-motion by Emotion kayak.

You are still coming, correct?

mr. goodman said...

I'd like to publicly thank my parents for paying for our sweet hotel room, by the way. What a great gift! Also, Mark and Monse came down on Saturday night! We're having a blast. I'm so tired... it's been so much fun. It's as if the entire week has been a birthday extravaganza!

grubedoo said...

I celebrated your birthday by lighting my self on fire and waited for you to blow me out and make a birthday wish. Sadly, I did not take into account that you were nowhere to be found and now I type as a pile of ashes.

mr. goodman said...

I am truly honored. Sometimes the finest and most thoughtful gifts come in urns. :)

Aaron said...

whoa, whoa, wait a minute....a vintage rickenbacker? Which model? That's superb!

mr. goodman said...

I'm not exactly sure. it's not one of the commonly known ones. It's got a vaguely strat-style face (black) with creme binding, and the lovely Rickenbacker headstock. it's a bolt-on, and it has two pickups with plastic covers, not the usual toaster-tops. I don't know much about it, but it has very nice tone, and looks to be in its mid-thirties. But I'm pretty sure I'm not going to spring for it. It's just a little too much money right now. Although, I happen to know one very audacious computer programmer who might just be able to give it a good home for a mere $699 (includes original case). Bring your wallet, man! Seriously, a beautiful tone on this thing. And it's a mere two miles from my house to the Guitar Center.

kelly said...

happy (late) birthday, matt! :)

fyoder said...

nice comment, kelly

Mrs. Van Houten said...

Hello Brother, and a happy late birthday to you. I'm emailing you some pictures of our daffodils!

mr. goodman said...

Hello Mrs. Van Houten! I look forward to receiving the emailed photographs of daffodils. Does anybody remember that episode of Family Matters where Stever Erkle gave Laura one of those dancing flowers with his picture pasted on it? Sheer genius! Bye!