we have until friday to decide. it is official! it is officious!
what i do not like is the amount of risk involved in either option. i keep trying to pick the easy one, and then something comes up that makes it hard and it goes flying out the window. for example, we were all gung-ho about wisconsin, until we realized how hard it will be for me to find a job and i might end up waitressing for a year, at the end of which i might as well hang up my degree with the kind of resume i'll have. then we got really excited about florida, until we realized how hard it will be to find a program that will transfer to eau claire (and if we don't find a program that transfers it's kind of worthless, in that it will be a lot of work and a lot of money spent for something that does us little good in the long run.)
okay, and not only this, but there's no way we can figure out which one is the right choice in a week. no way for me to get a wisconsin job offer, or for matt to get set up in a program that's accredited up north. so i guess we just have to pick one, kind of blindfolded. like i said, i have until friday. doooooom day. (can you hear the theramin? i can.) makes my feet curl.
ps. isn't it funny how you're probably sitting there reading, thinking, "huh. just pick one. it'll be okay." and how you're absolutely right?
Picture time - Summer 2017
1 month ago