Friday, May 26, 2006

my mom is too cute

1. i wish i was the type of person who could wear big hats. especially at an angle like that. what do they say in "pretty in pink"? a girl in a hat, so vogue.

2. i am so glad that we're moving up in good weather. it will make it much easier to come! look how green! look how beautiful! i can overlook the fact that it is a cruel facade.

3. speaking of facades: i was surprised to find that most bilingual schools don't check my spanish! i was telling my dad last night that i think its 'cause of my tan! here i waltz in looking all hispanic... wait 'til the winter comes and my true palor shines through! my dad said they will shriek "oh no! we've hired a cracker!" ;-)

9 comments:

The Goodfellas said...

SO!!! oops, caps lock on. although that "so" warrants capital letters! this is crazy! i went to observe at fox valley, and guess who is the teacher who's leaving? none other than nicole ribble, matt's first girlfriend! who, incidentally, got married the same day as us. how crazy is that? we are leading very parallel lives!

mark and monsita! said...

Oh my!!!! It is very crazy!!! Good luck with whatever decision you make>!!

Anonymous said...

great to see you today! no way...nicole ribble. i remember she and matt dating. she wore a vest that had cows on it. (your style certainly isn't parallel.)

that is quite funny no one tests your spanish--but perhaps they don't know how!

-beth p

Anonymous said...

oh wait-- you said even the bilingual schools don't check your spanish! that is quite shocking! -bp

kelly said...

mom, you are so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

heidi_go_lightly said...

You're moving to Appleton!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you need help moving call me up!
I'll email you my cell number. And we should go for coffee!! I've been discovering the coffee shops of Appleton. Where did you get the job?

ningyo said...

Are you really teaching at FVL? Did you get to see Nicole? Crazy, her daughter is more than two years old already!

heidi_go_lightly said...

You're teaching at Fox Valley Lutheran! I want to get in there, now I'll have a connection!

The Goodfellas said...

actually i havent signed yet -- i have until friday to let them know. it's fox valley christian academy, the school connected with Calvary Bible church. thanks for the offer heidi! that's really nice! we're moving up in mid-july so i'll get a hold of you. :)
ps. beth, it was really really nice to see you!