Saturday, September 16, 2006

Four-Eyes!!!

One of my longest standing desires has finally been satisfied. As of 9/11/06, I officially require glasses! For those of you who don't know, I've thought for about twenty years that I look better with glasses, and I've always been jealous of those who wear them. You can imagine how I felt with the advent of readily available Buddy Holly and Malcolm X-style glasses in the late nineties and up until the present. Well, my wildest dreams have come true. I'm getting glasses**!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to thank my parents for giving me two eyes that work basically pretty well, but need a little help from their friends. Thanks to my wife for always supporting me. And thanks to you, members of the academy who made this possible. I love my life!


* The spectacles in this photo are not mine. I was borrowing them for fun at the time of the photograph. Mine will be at least AS awesome, if not a little more.

8 comments:

kelly said...

congratulations, matt! i know you've wanted this for a long time!!!

FYODOR said...

AND THANK YOU TO ME FOR ALWAYS SWISHING MY TAIL IN YOUR EYES AND MAYBE HELPING DAMAGE THEM SO MUCH!

The Goodfellas said...

i <3 you even if you are a nerd.

;)

Brian and/or Megan said...

Not only are you my brother through marriage, now we are brothers in the 4 eye's club!!

Brian

mark and monsita! said...

congrants Matt, join in the club!!! To me you look good with or without glasses!!

Aaron said...

Now you can never be a fighter pilot! :(

mr. goodfella said...

Well, I've definitely got glasses now! I can tell, because I'm looking through them. It's AWESOME! I'll be putting pictures up just as soon as I'm able... which will be a long time. Can't do it at home, can't do it at the library, dont' think I can do it at mapache's school.... alas.

mr. goodfella said...

You know what? I don't think I will bother putting up a picture unless it's really really convenient, because the ones in the picture look pretty much like the ones I have. :)