Friday, November 24, 2006

i am thankful!

(in no particular order)

-for Fyodor, how he leaps on me every morning to wake me up, and bites my toes; for all the ridiculous things he does throughout the day that make us smile.

-for Matthew!, for he's a jaunty good fella. and he has the best eastern bloc accent, and the best toothy smile, and he makes the best onion rings, and he'll bend over backwards for you. really. not just me, for just about anyone. and i think he is amazing.

-for my mom & dad, how just being near them feels like my engine's been jumpstarted.

-for my in-laws, for their hospitality and kindness and understanding.

-for my sister & fernando, how i know (just know) they will always have my back.

-for megan & brian, though frankly i would be even more thankful if i got to see them once in a while... (we miss you!)

-for friends to laugh with and make sushi with and play euchre with -- friends who notice if you're worried or stressed, friends who do what they can to make things better.

-for our grandparents & aunts & uncles & cousins - seriously, guys, you're like family to us. ;-)

-for God how he gives us hope and pushes us forward.

-and for all the other nice things, like flamingos & coconuts & prehensile tails & a newfound enjoyment of swiss cheese & screen plays being finished & apartments with wallpaper & milwaukee & cute kids who give me bags of chilli powder & not being allergic to the cold & glasses & prison break & lost & electric guitars & etc.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

jen,
i'm thankful for you too!!! i saw this framed picture the other day that said, "having a sister is having a best friend for life". i think that's true! it's sad that we don't get to see you guys that much, i love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-kelly

Brian and/or Megan said...

we miss you tooooo!!!!! i'm trying to scheme a way out there early this spring since Christmas isn't working out.

The Goodfellas said...

yeah, i heard that today, you're not coming... :-(
will just you be coming this spring or brian too? i think you both should come so you can unanimously decide to move here, that would be fabulous. :-)

ps. kello how long are you coming for Christmas?? we can't wait to see you two!!!

kelly said...

2 weeks!!!!!! :)

Lars said...

You watch Prison Break too? That show is so addicting, but oh so good as well.

I am thankful for BLOGs. So I can know what people are up to when I otherwise would have lost track of them.

mark and monsita! said...

I'm so thankful that you guys are back in the good old Wisconsin State!! I love being able to see you often. I love it when you arrive for a visit and here comes Fyo fanning that tail of his!!! He is too much!!!

mr. goodfella said...

I didn't know Lars was around the cyberspace. Hello, Lars.

I'm thankful for opportunity. And I'm thankful for my sweet car. :) And although I TRULY TRULY hate the cold weather (thought I'd die walking into this building), I am thankful to live in Wisconsin.