Thursday, September 28, 2006
Speaking of brogues, I recommend read "Teacher Man" by Frank McCourt, which is kind of the antithesis of teacher-books -- which means that I totally dig it.
I'm not sure if I used the word antithesis correctly. Does it mean opposite? And if you want to then say that something is not the antithesis, can you just say it is the thesis? (Or would that be going too far?)
Saturday, September 16, 2006
I'd like to thank my parents for giving me two eyes that work basically pretty well, but need a little help from their friends. Thanks to my wife for always supporting me. And thanks to you, members of the academy who made this possible. I love my life!
* The spectacles in this photo are not mine. I was borrowing them for fun at the time of the photograph. Mine will be at least AS awesome, if not a little more.
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Friday, September 08, 2006
The Ultimate Survey [you will take it if you know anything at all]
1. What is your name?
2. How old are you?
3. Have you any siblings?
4. What is your favorite article of clothing?
5. What is your favorite variety of potato chip?
6. What is yoru preferred type of shoe?
7. What three things are you most looking forward to right now?
8. If you could arrange an incredible 4-band show, what bands/musicians would you choose, and in what order?
9. Cats or dogs; which is better?
10. Which would you rather eat, and how would you prepare it?
11. What is the worst food you have ever tasted?
12. GUITARISTS: what company would you most like to receive an endorsement deal from?
13. NON-GUITARISTS: how silly are you?
14. If you could start a band right now, what would it sound like, and what would you call it?
15. If a genie offered you any car in the world in mint condition, what would you wish for?
16. Do you have any phobias?
17. If you could build a sprawling mansion in any country/region of the world, where would you build it?
18. What is your ultimate career ambition?
19. What CD are you listening to right now?
20. What is the next CD you plan to purchase?
21. If you were to write a survey, what would be your ultimate goal in doing so?
22. What is your opinion on music and software piracy?
23. What is your strangest possession?
24. Where would you like to retire to?
25. What is one thing that most people don't know about you?
26. If you could instantly learn one language, which would you choose?
27. What do you consider a fair price for ostrich meat (by the pound)?
28. What is the last movie you saw in a theater?
29. Where are you right now?
Monday, September 04, 2006
*Footnote: Yes, I am already married. Have been for three years. To Matt. However, I lost my rings** and have since then been pressuring Matt to make me an honest woman.
**Footnote: We thought*** they might turn up when we moved out of our place in Florida, but they were nowhere to be found, not even in the couch where strange things turn up.
***Footnote: We later arrived at the conclusion that Fyodor must have swallowed them, because he was once caught in the act trying to swallow Megan's.