Monday, September 22, 2008

Being so travieso is exhausting.

So last night I was holding Lucas in my lap as Matt and I watched House. The lady on the show was having a seizure, and we were leaned forward ("Oh no! Will House be able to solve this one?!") when suddenly, Lucas started to choke. His tongue was sticking way out, and his eyelids were fluttering. "LUCAS!!!" I screamed, and sat him up, tipping him forward. Whereupon... He opened his little eyes, looked at me, and burst out laughing. A carcajadas. It was a joke! Someday when he's older, I think I'll have to explain that pretending to have a seizure (or whatever it was he was doing) is not funny. Maybe I'll suggest that he give puns a spin, or perhaps try out the timeless "Not" joke.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so very cute cute cute!!! I can't wait to see him again. I miss him terribly, especially after my 2 1/2 day visit last weekend.

Anonymous said...

Ah the young one, he is begining to master the art of ill-timed and awkward humor. Perhaps soon he'll begin to say innocently-inappropriate things in Spanish. I'm so proud of my Mr. Lucas McDucas.

Lisa said...

Wow, what a little funny guy! Don't be hoping for innocently-inappropriate things ... they so are not that funny when you are the parent!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, you guys may be in for some fun times with him. He has already figured how to pull jokes on you. Cannot wait to see all of you at Christmas. We are very excited.
Connie VH

Brian and/or Megan said...

my goodness--he is soooo huge!!

auntie kelly said...

see? he's DEFINITELY seeming more and more like matt!!!!!!!!!!

The Goodfellas said...

oh my, and he does so many other things too! he teases fyo horribly -- holds out his food to him until fyo gingerly comes up, and just when he opens up his mouth, lucas SNATCHES it away and laughs and laughs. (and eats it.) this baby boy. so funny.

Brandee said...

That boy is soooo perfect for the two of you! Scott and I laughed so hard that we had tears in our eyes.

mistergoodfella said...

:)
you will have to meet him sometime!

Laurie said...

I have to agree with Kelly!