Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh Lentil, how I love thee.

I was struck by an apple the day I found out I was pregnant. That morning I woke up feeling weak and sickly, so I scraped myself out of bed and went to brush my teeth. The sight of the toothpaste foam made me gag, which I brushed off because come on, that is always disgusting. This, however, was immediately followed by the thought "I would LOOOOVE a peanut butter sandwich." I must be pregnant, I thought! I took a test and sure enough... Several hours later I was struck by said apple (in this photo, the black eye was just starting to appear ~ it got purple-er and yellower and greener in later days), which made for an awkward moment when telling people I was pregnant. (Who wants to announce you're pregnant with a black eye!? Looks like the husband was not thrilled.) (Obviously, only to people who don't know my Matthew, come now!) I have noticed recently that I am a one-note song ("Lucas is cute! Lucas is cute!") so I thought it was high time to regail with tales about the Lentil. So there you go. There was the first day of our knowledge of his/her existence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you get hit in the eye by an apple?
Connie

The Goodfellas said...

i was picking apples in the pasture, so i was shaking a branch while looking up at it to catch the apples! i was just glad it didn't hit Boo ~ it almost did!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is funny. I have to send you a Apple Tree finger play we do with the preschool kids so you can do it with Lucas. Connnie VH

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear it was not your ham-fisted lumberjack husband that worked your over. I've always thought of him a gentle giant balanced on Cinderella slippers.