Friday, November 07, 2008

So now that the cat's out of the bag...

My dad didn't know who won the election until yesterday night. He wanted to be the last American to find out, so he avoided every news outlet and told people in the shop to close their picos when they tried to talk politics. Alas, he was foiled. A nail through his foot forced him to go to the doctor (a day late and a toe short*) whereupon he heard those ladies on The View** talking about Sasha and Malia on the whitehouse lawn. The jig was up! All this to say, I can finally give my two cents about the election. More eloquent people than I have said powerful things about voting pro-life. I won't be redundant. So that aside, I just want to say that I am so thrilled to be alive to see the inauguration of our first black president. I think he's a good man with good intentions, and I hope that you will join me in praying that God would give him wisdom and discernment. This is too contained sounding; I want to sound bittersweet. I better give it up while I'm ahead.***

*A slight exaggeration.
**I assume it was The View. Who else would refuse to grant a simple request of silence?
***WOW!!!

1 comment:

missy said...

so do you think he was the last american to find out?