Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Did you say do pull down the tree or don't pull down the tree?

Mr. Travieso understands me! I know I should be getting used to this by now, but I still think it's amazing! (You see? Two exclamatory sentences in a row!) Last night he learned the word nariz, but I thought maybe it was a fluke. So today I was across the room playing with his blocks, and I said "Lucas, toca mi nariz" and he came all the way over to me and touched my nose (with his little pointer finger, very cute.) He also knows boca, which I don't say as often because I don't especially like wet fingers in my mouth. My favorite thing of all, though, is suave. I taught him to touch my face gently (because he thought it was fun to pound me with a block), and now whenever I say "suave, suave" he comes up to me and cradles my face in his hands and gives me the sweetest little kisses. I think I said that was my favorite? Oh no! My favorite is I ask him "Quien soy yo?" (Who am I?) and he answers "mama" in the sweetest little high-pitched but husky voice*. It just melts me. He also knows saca la lengua, guarda tus juguetes, bajate, vaya donde la mama (my grandma speaks to him in the usted and I in the tu), caramelo, guacala, botalo, te caes, cuidado, caliente, ven aca, traeme el libro, leche, agua, oveja, dame un besito, acuestate, parate, comelo, toma, llevaselo, daselo, nieve, and of course no (which he pretends he doesn't know.) He is not only smart but clever, you see?

*Speaking of which, would you like to hear him talk? He delivered quite a speech just yesterday. I think he was expressing his views on Blagojevich's recent conduct. (And in case you want to hear just a bit more, here you go! What merited such shrill discourse? Your guess is as good as mine!)

8 comments:

kel said...

quite a passionate speech!!!!!

p.s. are those his socks that are long in the picture or just his really big feet? ;) i love it!!!!

The Goodfellas said...

i think his feet are not quite that big (his body seems to have caught up a bit in recent months!) :)

Brian and/or Megan said...

aaahhh!! I can't wait to see him!!!!!

missy said...

nothing's going to be cooler than hearing legible SPANISH words start coming out of that blonde little guy!!!! ha!!!! with all his passion while he was speaking, i was just imagining how it could all turn into spanish ;)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until you come to pull down my tree Lucas! We will have fun! BG

Anonymous said...

I am going to help Lucas pull down the tree when we arrive.
Connie VH

Anonymous said...

I think you could also be working on sign language with him the way he is using those hands.
Connie VH

mark and monsita! said...

Where is the birthday girl? Happy birthday to you........and many more!!!!Love you, mamita