Friday, January 09, 2009

A contest! With a prize!*

Kelly and Fernando taught us a game that's a cross between pictionary and telephone. You think of a phrase and draw a little picture to represent it, then you pass your picture to the next person, who writes down what they think you drew. They pass their phrase to the next person, who draws it...and so on, until the end when you discover how warped your original phrase became. So the contest is: who can guess what the phrase was in the top photo? You get three drawings to help you guess!
.
The next photo is Akiko, my lovely friend who I miss. And then the last picture is little Itsuki celebrating his triumph over Lucas after having successfully pulled him off of my lap. They played so nicely together, and Itsuki started saying some words in Spanish (Lucas's stuttery little a-a-a-a-agua) and...well, I wish I could say Lucas picked up some Japanese, but alas, he did not. He did, however, eat seaweed.
.
(If you read into that last sentence a little, it may or may not help you with the contest. Emphasis on the may not.)
.
*Unless there are multiple winners, inwhich said offer is null and void. Unless I feel like it. ;)

14 comments:

B said...

run away baby?

Brian and/or Megan said...

speedy delivery?

Megan (not Brian)

Anonymous said...

Catch the baby
Connie

Anonymous said...

Run baby run
Connie

Abby said...

so i was looking at it with mike... and he totally got it-- born to run... right?!?!

Anonymous said...

Off and running

Glen

mark and monsita! said...

run baby run!! Did I win?

missy said...

my initial instinct was "runaway baby." but i realy like the "born to run" object. i know how you feel about bruce springsteen. ;)

missy said...

born to run object? how about suggestion, missy?

Anonymous said...

Good suggestions, but what about the seaweed? I'm still pondering that part of the puzzle....maybe "I seaweed have a track star if he wears Nike's"?

Did I win?

Ginger

The Goodfellas said...

and the winner is.....GINGER!!!!!
no........
if only that were a real phrase. i would use it all the time. ;)

The Goodfellas said...

SO!!!!
IT IS 10:59 AM on a TUESDAY, WHICH MEANS....... THE CONTEST IS OVER!!!
our winner is.....ABBY! (or is it michael?) please email me your addresses to receive your prize!

missy said...

i knew it was the right answer when i read it... that counts, right? i'll send you my address promptly ;)

Abby said...

that was totally michael.