Thursday, January 08, 2009

Whoever said three's a crowd...

does not know the joys of hosting! For Christmas we had at our house (see if you can keep track) my parents, my grandma, my sister and her husband, my sister's in-laws, my in-laws, my sister-in-law and her husband, my sister-in-law's sister-in-law and her husband, and my sister-in-law's in-laws (as well as a surprise visit from the Baders and Langes! Yay!) The only one missing from the picture (at the bottom) is poor little Lucas, who took a long winter's nap. And then the top picture is from New Year's. My mom made us a feast of ceviche, sufle de queso, crab-potato salad, roasted ham, rice with corn, and homemade rolls, and then for dessert (dessert!) we had cheesecake, sars bars, and funeral bars. (I think we need to work on the names of our desserts perhaps.) Joyous events, both of them! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years as well my friends!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on explaining all those relationships! We had great times at both events. Jenny you're the hostess with the mostest for sure! Good job by you also Matt!!! MOM

SoFi said...

Mmm, ceviche! It looks like you guys had a blast!! I wish I could spend my holidays with my family... =(

The Goodfellas said...

sofia you should come by sometime and we'll make a big FEAST!

matthew! how could i have forgotten your olive blossoms??! :)

ps. betsy, i think you should come again soon!!

Anonymous said...

What's a funeral bar?

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a great time we had. I would do the trip from Seattle again in a second. I am ready to come back right now to the snow and cold in place of the floods we are having here.

Thank you Matt, Jenny, Lucas and you forgot Fyo and the kitty----You took such good care of all of us and we had the best Christmas ever.
Connie Van Houten
The mother-in-law of Jenny's sister-in-law (AKA: Megan's very happy mother-in-law)

Abby said...

I can't believe you still call them sars bars! I remember when we made that up at my parent's house! FUNNY!

Brandee said...

From the looks of the top picture, I think you should all be in a coke commercial.....

mistergoodfella said...

we're like that old snl skit -- no pepsi: coke!

a funeral bar (for whoever asked) is a lemon bar of such delicious and delicate quality, that it is only made in the rare event of a funeral. the rules were suspended for new years by popular vote. :)