Friday, March 27, 2009

He loves you, yeah yeah yeah

The day has finally come, a long-awaited day. Lucas has learned to say "I love you." And "Te quiero." And at night he puts his arms around my neck and gives me a tight little hug and kiss and says "I love you" which melts me. When he calls his grandparents on the phone, he tells them too. When he visited his sweet abuelita Lolita at the hospital, he walked down the hallway saying "Lola Lola Lola Lola" and then burst into her room saying "I love you Lola" - his very longest sentence ever. (When I explained that she wasn't feeling good and told him we were going to pray for her, he even said his very first prayer: "Lola. Amen.") He even says "I love you" to my belly and gives it a kiss. Do they get any cuter than him? Do they??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, he's so sweet! That's my first statement I use when starting a sentence about Lucas. Muy precioso!!! Is that right? BG

Anonymous said...

That nameless man in the photo must be the luckiest abuelo in the whole world. The look on his face seems to show his melting heart inside.

Anonymous said...

That nameless man in the photo must be the luckiest abuelo in the whole world. The look on his face seems to show his melting heart inside.

Anonymous said...

OH MY!! He is so sweet and he looks just like Matt at that age. Like looking back in time...

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Lola. Amen. I love that! And I'll bet God did too. :)

Ginger

Aunt B said...

Sweet! :)

kelly said...

what a cutie!! i love talking to him on the phone!!!!!!!!!!