Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Holier than moi

Flaco was very hungry when he woke up (hambre hambre jugo hambre, please!) and so I sat him in his high chair and set up his cereal. I went about cleaning the kitchen, and when I looked several minutes later, he was just sitting there. I said "Lucas, come, come!" (eat, eat) but he wouldn't. Then i realized what he had realized long before...we hadn't prayed yet. (Oh, the verguenza!) So i said "Okay, vamos a orar" (in what I felt was a very pious voice) and we held hands and prayed. Then he picked up his spoon and ate his breakfast. I think I saw the little angel above his right shoulder flash a smile.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great little boy! BG

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, what a sweet story (and very sweet little boy!)! :)

Ginger

The Goodfellas said...

i'm so glad you check, ginger. :) it is so nice to have people to show off lucas to!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just how does the little lad handle the extra milk at the bottom of his bowel?
Saleh Sin Barba

mark and monsita! said...

That extra milk is another story that I think Jenny should share....I just love that little boy!!!

The Goodfellas said...

i assume you mean bowl saleh?!!

Anonymous said...

No, I mean bowel. Don't you speak my dialect???
Saleh sin Barba

The Goodfellas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Goodfellas said...

Ew!
And if only!

Aunt B said...

I love this story! :) Little guys can learn big things pretty early, hey?! :)

Kelli said...

Awww, what a sweetie. :)