Monday, March 16, 2009

"I hate him" he says; my heart swells with pride.

My dad's got this friend named Schultzie who is a professional pianist/organist based out of Chicago. He's so good he's played with Les Paul! And he used to play for Emeril's private parties when he lived in New Orleans! He came up to play a concert for some of our friends and family, and when he heard Matt played guitar, he invited him to play along. And let me tell you, did Matt ever play! Schultz kept stopping and looking at Matt and saying "Listen to him play. I hate him!" Best guitar-compliment I've ever heard. :) (Also Matt made some ridiculously good food. Go ahead and click on that top picture to enlarge it! You'll see what a catch I have, such a catch!)

5 comments:

Abby said...

The food does look awfully tasty! I would like to try the one with the green olives. I love green olives!!!

Anonymous said...

I ate a good supper before we came but I still went around the table twice, hard on my figure! Matt looked like he was having too much fun that night, I'm jealous of his talents...

tio

kel said...

that made me SO hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun night! The music, the food, the company, the laughs - all good stuff! Let us know when the next concert will be - Ginny and I will practice our maracas skills! :)

Ginger

The Goodfellas said...

maybe you could come up with a nice choreographed dance for next time! :)