Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I propose a toast!

Perhaps you are wondering "Just how good of a husband is that Matthew Goodfella?" Let me give you a partial answer. He makes us tiny sherbert floats at night and he always cooks supper so that I can watch The Insider (I know, it's a terrible show) and when he takes the Cake out (the Cake is our cat Lorraine of course) he always waves her paw at me goodbye because he knows that I love it. And we've been married for 5 1/2 years now which means that he's rubbed my head about 1,970 times (so that I can have a nice sleep) and even if I get grumpy he never reciprocates and sometimes when he shaves his scruff he leaves a mustache as a joke* and he speaks Spanish to our son and works hard to make sure it's good Spanish and he makes the best hummus in the world and I love him. I mean, I love him. Happy birthday, birthday prince! :)

*Not that mustaches are jokes. Goodness knows they are to be taken seriously. Would a Van Dyke be a Van Dyke if not for the upper lip? Would John Brinkley have reached such great heights if not for his facial hair? Would Charles Bronson?**

**In case you are still not convinced of my good intentions regarding jokes and mustaches, let me further clarify by stating that I just think that Matt is funny in a mustache. He just is. You know it's true.

3 comments:

mark and monsita! said...

You two are very lucky to have each other. May God bless you all!!

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute to my favorite son! Love you too Jenny! BG

Anonymous said...

You know, I've traveled the world and have never tried a sherbert float. Never.

Sale sin Barba