Monday, April 20, 2009

One of the greatest compliments

a mother can give is to say she hopes her boy grows up like you. I don't know if Benny or Nathan will see this, but just in case, I will say that I think that you are both fine young men*. I hope that Lucas is brave and disciplined and strong like you. It makes me so proud that you are what many Iraqis will think of when they hear the word "American." God bless you when you go back!**

*The tio in the picture ain't half bad either. ;)
**Speaking of when you go back, do you think you could buy me a tiger in the market and ship it this way?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I call him "TIO LOCO". This, of course, is a term of endearment.


JG

The Goodfellas said...

I love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

That was me with the comment above! Monse

Anonymous said...

I'm humbled by being called only half bad, best compliment I've had all day, but then I've worked by myself all day also! On a serious note I will have to say Nathan and Ben set the bar awfully high and I'm proud as a peacock to have them as my nephews.

Tio

The Goodfellas said...

dear tio,
technically i said you *ain't* half bad, which should be taken as a much higher compliment than "only half bad." :)

Anonymous said...

Nice post, Jenny! Let's hear it for "the boys"! We're so proud of you guys. :)

Ginger (or should I say Tia? How cute was it that Lucas called me that during church?! I love it!:))

Brandee said...

I just have to say I love reading your posts! You have a way with words. You capture the stories perfectly and make me want to come back for more.

Aunt B said...

Thanks for the kind words... I showed the boys this post, and they thought it was awfully sweet! So do I! :)

Anonymous said...

I've delayed in posting here 'cause I can't top what's already been said. Jenny, your writing can't be topped. Nathan and Ben, well, you know how I feel about you guys. Glen, yeah, I'd have to agree with Jenny on that too!

Father of the Bride!