Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Congratulations, Lorraine!

Sometimes I pretend I've gone into labor, and I say "OHHHHH a contraction!" all doubled over, or I say "OHHHHH my water broke!" or "OHHHHH rush me to the hospital!" and then I do jazz hands, which is our signal that I'm crying wolf and not to be believed. (It was Matt who said we needed a signal. What a clever husband I have.) So I was sorely tempted to write about the birth of the twins (pictured right) in such a way that would cause everyone to think I had had my baby and that there was not one but two. However, it proved difficult to do jazz hands in a post, so here is the truth instead: Our sweet Lorraine had her kitties! We got to see them when they were only a few hours old, all tucked away nicely in the cat house my suegro made. She even lets us pick them up, much to my surprise! In this picture I think they were two or three hours old (and since Matt is leaning forward, it does no justice to their size. They are tiny, I mean tiny.) So yes, congratulations Lorraine. I look forward to the playdates our little ones will have!

5 comments:

B said...

oh my gosh. they're adorable.

i was just with my friend's *kittens* a few hours ago and going crazy over how much i loved them & they're like 6 months old. hardly kittens at all compared to yours! oh my. i love yours too. even without meeting them in person (yet).

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I hope Christy does not see this---you know how much she loves Lorraine!
Connie VH

Christy and Randy said...

I just saw that my sweet Lorraine had twins! Congrats my beautiful little girl! Oh how I wish I was there to see them, you might end up with one less kitten though. (sneaky laugh) You will have so much fun! I just went into the vet and there were 5 little kitties and oh were they so cute, so tempting to bring one home but I think if I do that, I might end up sleeping outside and it is over 100 degrees.

The Goodfellas said...

ha :) yes, i thought you would like to see the little kitties. can you believe that lorraine has gotten even sweeter???

Christy and Randy said...

What a sweet girl, I cannot believe she is even sweeter, that is very hard to believe. I put her picture in my Christmas scrapbook! And by the way, when you put on your facebook the status about twins, I did stop for a second and think twins, wouldn't she have known? Haha