Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Twelve days left...

And surely you know what that means. Matthew sent me twelve drummers drumming! Tomorrow come the pipers piping! Or at least this is the way I think it should be. Yes yes. The last handful of days is so very exciting, never knowing when she might come, knowing that it's soon.
.
Soon soon soon is all I wanted to say I think. She will be here soon. I sit every night in her room, rocking in the rocking chair, praying for her and thinking secret thoughts while Matthew sings for Flaco. When Matt's done, sometimes he tiptoes in and we pick out one of her pajamas or dresses and we set it in various places saying, "Oh look! ____ is lying on her rug!" or "Oh my! Now she's in her bouncy chair!" It's crazy because of course I remember how much it hurts, but all I can do is look forward to those first contractions starting. Soon I will wrap my arms around her and kiss her little face. Soon soon soon*.
.
*Unless of course she doesn't come soon, and waits an extra two weeks. That would mean I have an entire month left, which I shudder to think of. I shudder! Of course, that would give her a little bit more time to grow a nice head of hair... But no no no! Let her wear a wig!

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful Jenny, and we can't wait until she comes too! Soon soon soon!

Jenn and Bart and Alex and Cassidy

Brian and/or Megan said...

yay! so cute! i'm very excited

Aunt B said...

Hi Jenny! Hang in there, Dearie! It won't be long now!! :)

How exciting!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jenny, what a beautiful picture of you (and baby girl)! I remember guessing that she'll be born on July 4 (the whole patriotic theme) but I'll be happy for you if she's here sooner than that! :)

Ginger

Anonymous said...

11

Mr. Weatherbee

Anonymous said...

You both look very peaceful there in the garden. We can't wait to meet her & rock her in my arms!!! BG

Jenna said...

natalie was 16 days overdue. it wasn't that bad going so far overdue, it was just hard to wait.....and not knowing...

Anonymous said...

10

Saleh sin Barba

mark and monsita! said...

I think she'll be born on the 24!!!beautiful picture.

mark and monsita! said...

I think she'll be born on the 24!!!

Anonymous said...

9

Hawk Christian

Anonymous said...

8

Abu

Anonymous said...

7

Stanley

Anonymous said...

6

Papi'

Anonymous said...

Oh my! It's getting close! Love baby girl's very girly room - so sweet! (Actually the whole house looks very nice!) :)

Ginger

Anonymous said...

5

Donni Applecider

Anonymous said...

4

Pa

Anonymous said...

3

Dad

Anonymous said...

2

Grandpa Tall

Anonymous said...

1

Dad

I'm out of names, lets see that little girl!

Anonymous said...

0

It's not like I'm sitting by the phone, but...

Don Omar

Anonymous said...

What???????????
Where's that little girl?????????
Jon, you have to start chanting...push, push, push!!!!!!!!

I'm plum out of names...maybe

Minus 1

Anonymous said...

Minus 2

But then again, it's early in the day.

Twiddling Thumbs

Anonymous said...

Minus 3

Come on, make my day.

Clint Eastwood

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm, I may be winning the contest afterall.....we shall see.....

Hang in there guys! :)

Ginger

Anonymous said...

Minus 4

Top ten list of why Jenny should have her baby today!


1. The cocoa wheats are getting cold.
2. Lucas is getting tired of playing with grandpa’s teeth.
3. Time is running out, we won’t be able to return the dresses if she’s a boy.
4. Matthew is starting to think that it’s permanent.
5. The belt just doesn’t have anymore holes.
6. Think vacation!
7. Grandma doesn’t want to share anymore.
8. Lola’s candle is almost burnt out.
9. I have a lot of money on the date.
10. Salma Hayek got tired of waiting and returned to Mexico.

David Letterman

Anonymous said...

Oh no, the cocoa wheats are getting cold! Hurry Jenny! :)

Ginger

Anonymous said...

Minus 5

Even the fireworks didn't do it???

Uncle Sam

Anonymous said...

Minus 6

The sun wil come out tomorrow, tomorrow, bet your bottom dolloar that tomorrow...

Annie

Anonymous said...

Minus 7

Maybe. The keeper of time.

Big Ben

Anonymous said...

7/7/09
12;35
8.63
21.5
fem fatale

J. Edgar Hoover