Monday, July 27, 2009

She peers in this picture; she smiles in the night.

Last night my teeth/gums/jaw/face/head were throbbing (I need a few root canals I think) as I laid there trying to decide whether or not to wake up Matt (again) and ruing the fact that Loli was for once having a beautifully long stretch of sleep and yet I was all contorted in pain at 2 am (you see? This sentence doesn't even make sense. I don't even know what I'm saying.) I will start again. My teeth hurt. A lot. And at around 2 am Matt told me to take some Excedrin pm and I said Wait. Hold on. Let me start again. My teeth hurt. Very much. And I got up with Loli at around 3 am and she started smiling at me and somehow it didn't hurt anymore. It didn't. And she laughed. A real belly laugh that Matt could hear from the other room. We spent an hour together, giving each other secret smiles and yes my Excedrin also kicked in, that's a big part of it, and yes Matthew rubbed my head until his hands almost fell off but I will tell you that smile of hers is like none other.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is quite lovely and I bet her smile can make you forget a lot! But I hope you feel better soon, Jenny! Pregnancy can be so hard on teeth and gums so hopefully your dentist can help you out!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

She looks very sweet in her little flowered dress!!! Can't wait to hold her again. Beeba

Anonymous said...

:) love her!!! and all of you!!!
-kel

mark and monsita! said...

I love Lolita Jane!!! What a beautiful picture!!

missy said...

ps what did you find out about your teeth??? so nice to see you yesterday!!! what is loli wearing to her dedication?? has she decided?