Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Auntie M, auntie M!

Lucas often says to me "Ya me voy, mamita." I say "Where are you going, Flaco?" and his most common response (other than "a Arabia Saudita!") is "a Washington!" I typed that incorrectly, in fact. When he says "a Washington" it sounds like it has at least three exclamation points after it. You can imagine his delight, then, when his auntie Megan appeared at his doorstep. Just like some kind of a fairy godmother, baking homemade bread and making bruschetta, taking him to the zoo, helping him pick blackberries... Loli was of course quite taken with her auntie as well. I think if she had a pair of red glittery shoes, she would click her little heels and go visit her auntie M forthright.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teach him to say "going to Disneyland" and then come stay with us!

Brian and/or Megan said...

I'll take her!! I'll take her!! Miss you all already.

Anonymous said...

Awww, look at her - so grown up already!!! What a little doll! Of course I'm talking about Lolita, although Megan is quite lovely too. :)

Ginger

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to have Auntie M here! We all miss her already! BG