Saturday, September 26, 2009

I knew he was sick when

he fell asleep eating his peanut butter sandwich. He's not the kind of kid who does that, not the kind to fall over into a plate of mashed potatoes. He's our boy, after all, and us Goodfellas could never eat apathetically. The sickness next struck Matthew, who threw up all night. Next it came for me. And I ain't gonna lie, what Flaco did almost made it worth it. My boy went outside and picked me a bouquet of dandelions -- the white kind, puffed with seeds. He brought them to me and laid his head on my chest and said "It's okay, sugar. It's okay."
.
It take it back. It was worth it. Sometimes I love him so much my heart actually hurts.

3 comments:

Aunt B :) said...

so sweet... so very sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww, such a sweet little guy. I hope you're all feeling better now!

Ginger

Anonymous said...

I need to hug my Flaco Beeba