Monday, September 14, 2009

Never again will we give him a 24 pack of Mountain Dew right before bed.

Last night we had a slumber party with the Flaco. We turned out the lights and he started talking talking talking talking como nunca. Actually, that's not quite true. There would be long silences during which time we'd assume he was asleep, and then suddenly from the dark we'd hear his tiny little voice. "Pillow fight the air! Feroz pillow fight!" Silence. "I'm marvelous, papa!" Silence. "I love you, birthday cake!" Silence. "No te vayas, papa. Quedate aqui, papa. Peligroso!" Long silence. ("I think he's asleep." "It's been two hours!" "He's gotta be by now.") "El chorizo huele riquisimo!*"
.
*It should be noted that there was no chorizo cooking. And that to Flaco, chorizo isn't even food (we call it salchicha.) As far as he knows, it's a guy dressed as a sausage wearing a sombrero running down the street. Which leads me to believe that said guy dressed as a chorizo must have been wearing a very good smelling cologne.

6 comments:

kelly and fernando said...

oh! give loli and lucas big kisses from us!!!! we miss all of you! :)

Anonymous said...

What a guy!!! I never tire of his commentary... I hope you and Matt have caught up on your sleep though! Beeba

Anonymous said...

Coke is much milder for children.

Saleh sin Barba

Anonymous said...

He's so cute I have to see him again and meet his baby sister. What does it take to get a couple of invitations to his birthday party?

: )

Jenn

The Goodfellas said...

oooh, for real??!
email me your address -- oh wait, i think i have it. i'll send you one!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to arrange flights for Alex and myself for a little mini-trip to Wisconsin. If it works out, we're hoping to come on Oct. 14 and be there until the 18th. I'm really hoping it works out!