Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Don't look directly at the fork

Every meal I make has a name. I'm not the one who does this, either. It's like making a nickname for yourself -- at best it doesn't stick, at worst you are openly mocked. No no, a nickname must be given to you. Similarly, I cannot name my dinners I serve. If I did, believe me you, this meal would not have been named "Leftovers from Guantanamo Bay." It would have been named something nice like "Tuesday's 'I Tried So Hard But It Didn't Quite Come Out What a Crazy Fluke I'm Normally Such An Awesome Cook' Special." Matthew felt that if he looked like an alien it might help him swallow.
.
It didn't.

6 comments:

mark and monsita! said...

I'm glad I missed that meal!!!

Anonymous said...

what WAS it?????????

Lisa said...

We've had a few of those occassions - most of them recently as I try to learn how to cook gluten free. We tend to call these meals, "yah-we-get-to-eat-out-tonight" meals :)
When you get a chance check my blog out, I left a little something for you :)

Anonymous said...

I tried to eat it, but I just couldn't. Oh well, I guess we all farkle sometimes!

Pa

mistergoodfella said...

In refernece to "mark and monsita!"'s comment:
Suegra, you ORDERED said meal!
I point an accusatory finger at you!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, so what's cookin' for Lucas's birthday party????! I'm just a bit nervous..... (just kidding!)..... :)

Ginger