Thursday, January 14, 2010

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.

So my best friend is moving to you know where to do you know what very soon. (Have I said too much?) And I will miss her. Very very much. So here we go, a list of fun moments we have had together in honor of my friend:
*Bandaging our eyes (with Kelly) in order to make my dad feel less weird about having a gauzed-over eye. Telling people we were injured in the riots.
*Hit-the-wall-overtired elf dances.
*Breadsticks and vats of sauce. Handfuls of mints. She always paid. (Let me modify that verb. She always pays. That kind of insinuates you should take me out one last time, no?)
*Family reunions. People quit asking who you were or why you came. :)
*Going to ska-ska-SKA shows together. (PICK IT UP, PICK IT UP!)
*Oh my. The highlighter-green pants.
*The time you took down a cage-fighter with a broom. Granted, he wasn't a cage-fighter yet, but still. It was wild.
*Hiding behind the dog-food in Walmart. In a shelf.
*Getting a really-excited calls from OshKosh: "I just wrote a paper!" (For the record, I particularly liked the Jonathan one and the Asherah pole one.)
*EAT THE CAKE!
*Telling you the story at least five times of how your car was stolen, and having you still not remember it.
*The time we make a cat-delivery. As in, drove to Arthur to give an unsuspecting person a cat.
*Spending years trying to convince someone your coat was my coat and vice versa, for really no reason. Realizing at some point there was no zinger moment. Continuing on anyway.
*You assembling my notebooks! We had to turn them in for a grade, and we would go page-by-page; you showing me what I should have, me digging through piles of napkins and torn pages and scribbled-on candy wrappers, stapling them together, turning it in as if it were regular.
*The tape-game. Ew, and ping-pong.
I think if I let myself, I would go on and on. So for some reason, "ew, and ping-pong" seems like as good a place to stop as any. So now it's your turn! Add to the lists! Go ahead, add!

9 comments:

Monse said...

I will miss you Missy, one of the things I remember is playing double solitare until our hands were sore....the time that I drove you to Barnaveld and you graciously brought a COKE for me for the drive....for some reason when I think of you, I think games, I know you are very competitive when it comes to games and so am I, so that was fun..but for reason who wins at telefunken? No just kidding, that same spirit will get you very far!!!

The Goodfellas said...

i have to add another one :)
lavendar toilet paper!!!

Anonymous said...

I always remember you and Jenny sitting at the foot of our bed reading US bedtime stories in funny voices! And who doesn't love a good eater, you never saw food you didn't like!!! My favorite memory of you though is just how nice you are...and how completely perfect you fit into our family. God bless you and keep you Miss Melvin!

MSM

Anonymous said...

When you know who, comes back from you know where, from doing you know what, I will be there with a thermos of lemonade and then you will find out that I am not all talk! The world is a much nicer place with you being part of it.

Glen

Anonymous said...

Missy, we will miss you in Appleton as well as when we also crash McFall family events!!! BG

missy said...

being true to my character, the only one that kind of confuses me is the highlighter green pants. are you referring to my sweet pajamas? the cage fighter is quite the feat, but don't forget the state champ wrestler! ;) so many wonderful memories!! i love you guys. and glen, you better be careful, what with airport security and all, it might not be worth it to prove that you're not all talk! haha. p.s. jenny, you guys paid at least the last TWO times we went out for dinner!!

Anonymous said...

....... becky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Goodfellas said...

HA!!!!

missy said...

to be honest, i was very surprised that becky didn't make the list. i guess you can always count on vondra!!!!!! ;)