Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Graduate

Speaking of fine young men who are noble and true, my strapping brother-in-law graduated college last weekend. There is much to be said of such an achievement, but mostly I would like to take a moment to say that if you ever get invited to the Rogante's for a weekend, you should go go go. You don't need a diploma to know that not going would make you a fool. Oh, do they treat you well! We had a Greek feast following the ceremony, with appetizers and roasted meat and hummus and pitas - and much more, but I don't know how to spell it. (Unlike Fernando, I have not studied Greek.) Another night there was torchila; there were lemon bars and mate and Cokes and anything a heart could want. The following night there was picada - a table full of pretty much everything worth eating. Ice cream cake and coffee. Trips to the zoo and croquet and a table full of people who told jokes and talked apologetics and gave toasts and traded stories. I don't know what the future holds for my sister and her husband, but I hope it brings them close. (At least to fulfill my own selfish desires.)
.
(Which is and isn't about the food.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had a lovely time too! :)
-kelly and fernando

Anonymous said...

I'm still full! It was a spectacular weekend!!

Pa'

Anonymous said...

What a delicious feast, what great company! Good job Fernando!!! Thank you for the invitation and a wonderful time! BG

mark and monsita! said...

I can still see the sight of the wonderful Greek food, the lemon bars, the torchila, the picada...etc, etc...thanks!!!