Thursday, October 21, 2010

We've known each other three years, but it feels like a lifetime...

This boy is marvelous.
.
I love how he looks out of the corners of his eyes, an impish little smile on his face, when he's feeling clever. I love how he always says "okay" with an accent. I love how he taps his head when he's overtired. I love how he dances (a strange mix of tango and breakdancing, on the kitchen floor: "Y mila!") I love that he wants to speak Wolof. I love that he wants the whole world to be yellow.
.
I love that he asked for ceviche for his birthday meal just because it's a fancy food, even though he doesn't eat it. I love that he wanted orange cake with mango frosting. I love that he briefly reconsidered, asking instead for a horse-flavored cake. I love that he's him, just simply him and no one else.

7 comments:

missy said...

:)

mistergoodfella said...

I LOVE that stuff too!

Anonymous said...

love that little guy! auntie k

You can call me B.... said...

me too! :)

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! It's killing me that we won't be able to see you guys next weekend. Hope you have a good trip!

Jenn

mark and monsita! said...

I love him too...and Loli and mi chiquito Octavito!

Anonymous said...

Tu no sabes como extraño tu hijo...he tenido los tres años mas bellos con el...lo quiero como loco, y mas!!!

Abu