Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I looked! And I saw them!

I got this blue box at a garage sale. It's got stickers covering the front of it: Skoal (a pinch is all it takes!) and some tattoo studio I think, some late-nineties depiction of an alien too. I was thinking of peeling up the stickers and painting it, but could not figure out with what. And then, just this morning, I came into the living room and there they were; Flaco and Loli looking out the window at the cold, cold, wet day. They looked like Sally and what's-his-name, the boy who tells the story; like the Cat in the Hat was about to step on the mat. I was marveling at how cute they were when I realized they are actually much more like Thing One and Thing Two (and Fyo, always slightly troubled and disapproving looking, is the poor fish in the pot.)
.
I have a Box of Fun, I do. (And now all I need is a net.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We often call Alex and Cassie Thing 1 and Thing 2. If we ever get personalized plates they're going to be Thng1&2! Have fun with the box!

The Goodfellas said...

i look forward to the day that our things one and two (and my unmentioned thing three) play together! i think we will need many nets!!! :)

Anonymous said...

All you need is a car, then you will have box, car, children!

I know, I know.

Mr. Weatherbee

The Goodfellas said...

ooh yes, that too!
henry and violet and benny, i have :)

mark and monsita! said...

Was Loli inside the box? I only see Lucas very excited, which made me wonder...hummmmm...and Did you find Octavito? So sweet!!

The Goodfellas said...

hahaha!!!!

Anonymous said...

What???

Anonymous said...

What?

MSM